Saturday, November 8, 2008

Falling into Summer - Fall 08 Support Letter

Greetings!
While the last couple of years have been a whirlwind of travel and various experiences, it has been clear there was a God ordained work going on in my heart. The process has led to this: South Africa.
For the first time, YWAM Muizenberg is partnering with Africom Ministries to offer a course focusing on field journalism. I have recently been accepted as one of only 15 projected students that will learn, work and serve throughout East Africa for the first half of 2009.
Especially recently, I have become more and more convinced that being a great journalist and writer is an essential part of my calling. I long to be able to communicate the truth of the Kingdom of God, encourage believers and help to change the lives of those in most desperate need. This school and outreach will very practically help me gain experience writing, researching, publishing and serving the ministries and people of East Africa – an experience I suspect will lead to many open doors of traveling and writing on behalf of those working for God’s Kingdom. Over the last year, ministering to the African nations and helping them find ways to rise up and take their places as worshippers and leaders has been a cry of my heart. I cannot tell you how many times I have met God while praying for the people of Sudan or Rwanda or any other African nation. Their calling is sure and important. I am convinced that struggles with disease, poverty, lack of education, etc. can all be brought to the King of Kings and we will see redemption at work. I look forward to being a missionary in this field personally and by writing on their behalf over the months I am able to serve there.
As with all YWAM adventures, this time is Africa is fully funded by supporters like you, who believe in reaching every domain of society and expressing God through all forms of media and art. I am asking for you to consider being a supporter during this time in two ways:
By prayerfully giving so that all costs are covered and I can continue to serve faithfully.
By praying regularly for me and my needs (sent via email) and the communities we will be touching with the Love of God.
Total expenses amount to over $8500.00 for the 6 month time frame I expect to be gone. I believe a large portion of this amount can be raised before hand, allowing freedom of travel and ministry. Raising the finances before I leave is what I am praying for, personally saving for, and asking you to be a part of.
Please send financial support to: Darcie Nolan, 5458 Majestic Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80919.
Thank you so much for your support as we continue to see the world freed to glorify God.
For His Glory,

No comments: