Friday, June 26, 2009

Not Myself

Do you ever have those times where you feel less like yourself then normal? The situations where your comfort zone is in another time zone and the voice in the back of your head is saying, "did I really just say that?" I have these times. The truth is, I feel like some people get me and others don't. What do I do for a living? Whatever I am supposed to today. What is my passion? Loving people really well and figuring out what it means to be a disciple. Do I have problems? More then my fair share I think and a lot of people that have pulled next to me, stood behind me, cheered me on and refused to judge. Amen for them. So this is my thought today. I would really, really like to be someone that gave people a fair shot. I would really, really like to be someone that doesn't walk away from a potential friend, doesn't give up on a misunderstood person, refuses to back down when someone has a dream they can't fulfill by themselves. More than anything I don't want to judge. I don't care if your hair color, your bank account, your past actions, your semantics are different than mine. I want to know the you behind the you that everyone else sees. I want to know the you that comes out on the 11th hour and the you that is shy in the first minutes of meeting someone. I want dig deeper and know how deep your well goes, not for my sake, but so you can believe in yourself. I desire to try my damndest to not jump to conclussions, because first impressions and rash judgments are based in limited information. I will be steadfast. Not rooted in one place, but rooted in love.

No comments: