Monday, July 20, 2009

How I love the Library!

I love the library. I think my generation underestimates the library and I fear its demise because of disuse. Today I went to check out a book I put on hold. As I pulled up, mothers with their numerous children flocked in the door, canvas bags in hand, ready to switch out old, read books for new, exciting adventures in literature. The rotating doors whirled and spun with kids, reminding me of a black and white movie candy shop entrances or Christmas at Macy's back in the day. ("The day" referring to the period of time before my birth) Reading is fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also Love the Library. I used to take my daughter there all the time until she was old enough to go there herself.
I love reading. I love holding the book in my hand; and if it's my own, I highlight and put post-it notes in.
I love reading about animals. James Herriott is a favorite author, also Kim Meeder. There are others...the chicken soup book series of lover of pets, cats, dogs, horses, all sorts of special topics.
Just watched a Netflix (sorry forgot the exact title...84 Channing Street?) that starred Anne Bancroft and Anthony Hopkins. Book lovers would enjoy watching it!

T.S. Son said...

What do they actually sell at Macy's?