Saturday, July 25, 2009

In the Night

I was laying around, unable to sleep last night thinking about possible blog topics. Now, on this beautiful Saturday morning, I can't remember them. I am sure they were amazing and insightful and full of passion, but the lazy, perfect-weather weekend I am currently a part of is stealing all that from me, and I gladly give it over.

The house I stay in right now has an amazing view of Pikes Peak. Tall and majestic in the distance, it is this peak that often triggers the deep feeling of history that comes from living here in Colorado for the majority of my life. Excursions to the four corners of the earth have not taken the streets that I know and the memories that I have from this place.

Yesterday, however, I realized that I have not been around as much as I imagine. Things have changed that I haven't witnessed. New buildings. New roads. New houses. New couples. New families. New traditions. While the familiar weights me in comfort, the unfamiliar reminds me of my pilgrammage and the fact that I will never be "home" until I am Home.

I find it interesting that every few months I re-evaluate what I am doing with my life in order to commit to it again at another level. I consider the "pros" and "cons" - which, truthfully, have very little effect in the decisions I make. I consider the possibilities and opportunities, which weigh slightly more heavily. Then I come to the same conclusion I always do - that I can stand behind every decision I have made, good and bad, and that I am not going to stop pursueing that which I can't understand in exchange for what so many believe is the only way. The Great Mystery woos me again.

No comments: