Monday, February 16, 2009

My Secret Ingredient




These pictures are almost 100% purely for the enjoyment of my family, mainly my sister, who cannot get over the fact that more than 10 years ago I mistakingly added cinnamon to my spaghetti sauce (I got a bit confused - My grandmother adds BROWN SUGAR to her CHILI . . . yeah, I know, not even close.) Oh, did I mention that in the same sauce I added an egg. Don't know why, but it gave it a rather orangish color - I think they call the color salmon actually. More power to my mom who raised us on canned ravioli's and peas. Maybe cooking classes are in order??
I think this is the perfect spot for one of my new favorite quotes: "In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i do remember the sauce in question however..mistake.. i think not!

Unknown said...

I agree with Anonymous....No mistake, I think it was a science experiment....at least I hope that what you were doing....