Friday, March 20, 2009

Through Others

A story of today as I told it to my mom over facebook chat: (excuse the grammatical errors, please :0)

Today was AMAZING. I will start telling you the story. . .

I have been getting pretty frustrated about not knowing what to do for the field assignment, it has been a really strange situation and caused a lot of questions to come up. I was trying to be strong, but just couldn't do it anymore
So this morning we had a big worship session (like we do every Friday morning) and I was sitting in the church and praying and I just said "God! Really! I need to know what is going on! I am so tired of this!!!!"
and just at that moment a guy got up on stage and started saying that while we were worshipping he saw that there were a bunch of "arrows" in the audience that were being sharpened, but there was no bow
so the arrows couldn't be sent out. The man encouraged the staff here to be a bow and send people out to the destinations God would reveal to them.
Just as he was talking I knew that was me. I have been going through the pressure and testing, like when you make an arrow, but I was frustrated because i couldn't be sent out.
Then a little while later another man got up and said that he really felt like he wanted to encourage people to just keep looking, that what you are looking for WILL be revealed. And I knew that was for me, too. I have been so tired of looking, but KNOW that I am just waiting for the revelation and there is nothing wrong with being "on hold" in God's eyes

THEN (as if that wasn't enough) another man got up and said that he felt like there were people that were being led to learn another language and he wanted to encourage them to do it and not be lazy about it. Which was for me too because I was just wondering if I had waited too long to start learning the languages I think I should learn.
Not to mention that two of the languages I want to learn were the native languages of two of the three men that came up and the third man is a base leader where I want to go.

No comments: