Thursday, October 8, 2009

Follow up on the Fuel Tank

I mentioned in my previous blog that I barely made it to work on the gas I had. It is not an exaggeration. I coasted part of the way and took only streets that I wouldn't mind being stuck on if it came to that. After four grueling hours of work (and trying to figure out how to put gas in my car with 93 cents in the bank), I decided the best bet was to count up the change laying around the floor and ashtray. The total: $2.10. Not enough for even a gallon of the premium unleaded fuel required to run the WRX, but enough to get me to the nearest Safeway (7 miles) so I could use the gift card I had sitting in my wallet.

That particular Safeway is only 3 blocks from my paternal grandmothers, so I stopped in for a visit with the feisty woman before heading home, not running on fumes, and sure I could make it into work for one more set of hourly wage fun!

No comments: