Friday, October 9, 2009

Week Gone By - Test Your Time Skills

My sister and I were talking last night about how perspective changes everything. For example: You sit down with someone who keeps telling you they have no time and have them actually write out their schedule and show them where they do have time. Or, the person who always says they have no money, but a quick review of their ledger shows otherwise. Perspective truly changes everything.
My sister brought up a good point about expectations. It seems, and I am guilty of this, most people put lower productivity expectations on themselves then they do other people. If I work four hours, I feel accomplished, but when my mom says she is tired after her part-time job I heckle her. Yes, heckle.
This week I saw this first hand - somehow, having to be at work at 8:30am meant that I didn't have time to work out, work on the magazine, grocery shop, do laundry or be at all productive. Silly me, I was done working at 12:30, I had all kinds of time! However, once I walked out and away from my computer I was tired and felt like I had done enough. That is what happens when someone else decides my schedule. I just don't take control of my time.
I am using this example as an arguement for being my own boss forever.

No comments: