Monday, October 19, 2009

Little Miss Piggy's Cold

I have been so tired these last few days. After not sleeping Friday night due to the brisk chill of the Winter Park, Colorado air, I found myself in a deep slumber Saturday night. And Sunday. And then again Sunday night. I woke up late for my Conference Call today. Luckily, you can have Skype meetings in pajama's, but that isn't a habit I want to get into.

I decided to do a little research on the H1N1 virus, not because I think I have it, but because I have been so decisively against the vaccination that I wanted to get some proper research done. The chart shows the number of people going to the doctor or the hospital for any kind of flu type illness. The red is this year.

I am still not getting the vaccination. Below is a chart of deaths for Pneumonia and Influenza. What this chart shows me is that last year was a bad year, but some how it looks the same since 2006. Does that mean we have had pandemonium since 2006 and I just wasn't paying attention?
If you want more info and stats to make decisions about getting H1N1 vaccinations, here is a link to the CDC:


All I ask is that people make decisions because they really have an idea of what is going on, not just because someone told you something. A little google searching can go a long way.



If you want perspective on what really makes a pandemic here is a link to research on Spanish Influenza:

No comments: