Thursday, October 8, 2009

Vision Attack! Small weapons make all the difference.

I have to candidly admit that I had a really hard day yesterday concerning my current venture of co-launching Eye See Media. Up until now - about six months - I haven't thought twice about our "ability" to do such a thing. The right events, people, encouragement, finances and focus have all been available and we have repeatedly said that it felt like the train was moving with or without us. For some unimaginable reason yesterday was different. I sat back at my temporary little law office desk and felt this incredible anxiety - what if we couldn't do it? What was I thinking? How could this really be accomplished? It all went streaming through my head and my heart, willing me to throw in the towel on everything we have already done.

Later that day I went to lunch with my mom and grabbed an Honest Mate out of the cooler. When I opened it, the cap read simply:

Unless someone like you cares a whole lot,
nothing is going to get better.
It's not. -The Lorax, Dr. Seuss.

It seems simple enough, but it made a huge difference. I want things to get better. I am young enough or naive enough to believe it can happen because people can be a part of change. It is funny how the smallest thing can spin you back around and face you the right direction.

No comments: