Wednesday, April 8, 2009

English Lessons from Sweden


My housemate speaks of lumberjacks . . .
"Darcie, what are those things on a persons face?" Marie says as she motions to her cheeks, "You know like . . . like those people with square shirts . . . like Canadians . . . Mountain Muffins?"

"Do you mean mutton chops . . . and lumberjacks?????"

[enter hilarious laughter][enter Scrubs quote, "like a hundred tiny hampsters died on your face . . ."]

Later the same night . . .

Marie shares a story, "I was laying in my bed like a lumberjack . . ."

(What does that mean?)

I don't know how to explain this next one. It is an uncommon use of the phrase, "baked in there" as in "I baked that sentence right in there."

To be fair, some people think English is my second language. That can't be good. :)

No comments: