Thursday, April 2, 2009

March 09 Update Letter

Dear Friends and Family,

The first three months in the Rainbow Nation of South Africa has been more than I could have imagined. Heading into the School of Field Journalism with all your support and prayers was such a huge blessing. Thank you for standing with me as friends, family, pray-ers, generous givers and overall, an amazing community. During this time I have had the opportunity to speak to a lot of people about their "home church" and the community that supports them. Each time I have felt so honored that I can speak from the example of what being truly supported looks like. I don’t feel alone in my vision and besides that I feel like so much can be accomplished. True partnership is a beautiful thing and I thank you for everything you do to make me feel loved and well cared for.

I have officially graduated the School of Field Journalism and am spending the next two months in Cape Town doing a personalized internship. This time will consist of interviewing, researching, writing and spending one-on-one time with people that will help me further develop and deepen my ability to communicate well. During the last few weeks of the school we spent time learning design, photography and video. Each of these topics will be further covered in my internship. I will also be following up on specific topics I started exploring during the school. For example:I plan on diving deep into ideas that were highlighted during my trip to Zimbabwe in late February. Also, I have had a great opportunity to continue meeting men and women that have pioneered new things throughout this continent and have plans to sit with them and begin recording their stories.

Prayer:
Please pray for favor within all the interviews and topics I will be exploring. Many have to do with refugees, disease and hardship. I pray the light of God will shine in the relationships that are built and that life flows out of them freely.
Please pray that the proper channels for these stories to be read are opened and each word is carefully written and fully understood.
I thankfully report that my health and finances have been well this season. Praise God for his faithful provision and all he prepared even before I came. Please pray these continue and that I am able to bless those around me from nations and families that can not help financially. This includes my classmates that are travelling to Uganda for their field assingment.
I can not wait to write again in a month with all the stories of God’s faithfulness. May God be glorified in all we do. Amen.
Darcie

I send my updates via email. If you would like to get one please let me know and I will add you to the list! Thanks! Also let me know if you want giving info.

No comments: