Tuesday, May 12, 2009

It Hit Today


It hit me today that I am about to leave South Africa. It hit as I sat in my favorite coffee shop, with my favorite Swedish roommate, drinking my favorite cappuccino and enjoying the sun. I have been thinking about leaving - packing, sending stuff home, giving things away, physically touching my passport over and over again to make sure it wasn't misplaced, but today it clicked inside. Nineteen days and I am on another flight to another country and another stamp in my passport. Nineteen isn't very much. Now that I am under three weeks it feels like I could blink and it would be over.


To call the time here a "personal success" would be an understatment. More then I imagined has happened in the last five African months. I learned more, was challenged more, loved it more and met more amazing people then I expected. I really like South Africa and I really like the time I have spent here. It has been a quick five months for me. Really quick.

No comments: