Friday, May 8, 2009

iTunes Identity


I decided that you can tell a lot about me from my iTunes. I would even venture to say you can tell most things that have to do with my goals and passions from my iTunes. I use it like the local library. Something I want to know? I search iTunes for a podcast. Something I like to listen to? iTunes. Favorite TV shows? Yep, download a season or two. A region of the world that I venture to become more familiar with or a language I want to brush up on? A quick search on iTunes returns audiobooks, teaching seminars, university lectures, music from the region and several (free!) lessons of the local dialect complete with pdf's of the written characters for practice. Once I even found a teaching on how to Tibetan Throat Sing. (My sister got a bit fed up with my brother-in-law and I practicing Tibetan Throat Singing, but it was fun while it lasted and I feel very cultural just for trying)


I have over 400 podcasts. From IHOP prayer sessions to the Irish and Celtic Music Podcast, from Biblical Hebrew to Fit TV - you can pray in Hebrew while doing aerobics to a Celtic Flute if you wanted to play them all at the same time. You can learn four languages with my iTunes Library - Arabic, Hebrew, French and German. When finished with languages for the day, settle in a chose an Audiobook. Chronicles of Narnia as read by Patrick Stewert, Velvet Elvis or Twilight more your style?


I have teachings from Spurgeon, Tozer, Nee, Murray, Peterson as well as my local church, and churches I have just heard of and like to listen to.


I should have credits for attending courses with Stanford, University of Michigan, University of Utah and Southen Illinois U.


I know not everyone uses iTunes as much as I do. But, I am a collector of information and to have it all in one, mobile place is like genius. (Speaking of, I love the genius sidebar on iTunes) I have a dream to live somewhere with a beautiful library full of information and insight, but for now, I will carry it with me digitally.
What does my roommate think of my collective taste? In her own words, "Oh, dear, Darcie, what is this????"

No comments: