Friday, May 22, 2009

Oh Sunny Day!


As the weather turns much more fall/winter then summer here in Cape Town, I am relishing the occasional burst of sunshine we get. This weeks highlight was the perfect day amidst rainy/cloudy/thunderstorms.
One thing you should know about living in Cape Town: there is no central heating here. So if the weather is cold, so is your house. You can't come in and warm up. Actually, more than once we have come in and put on even more layers, curled up under blankets and tried to warm our core. A few weeks ago I sat at my desk in my sleeping bag because I just couldn't get warm enough. (My goal of "continuous summer" has been unmet) Thankfully, with only 9 days left in the Cape, the weather has been graciously extending warm fingers just when we needed it most.

No comments: