Monday, May 18, 2009

Monday??!?

I got confused today and forgot that it was Monday, so I didn't do any work. I treated it like a Sunday and hardly did anything. Oops. I need to unpack my calendar before I get myself in trouble.

Freelancing has nothing to do with sword fighting, however, it has a lot to do with fighting for things of honor. I have come face to face with the necessity to explain what I do lately. As the time here in Cape Town comes to a close, I am meeting with people, following up on things and having to give a rundown of what my time has looked like. I think we have given people the impression that we don't do much by not really talking about our work, but the truth is, I feel like we have accomplished a lot. No, I have not set an alarm in the last 8 weeks, but I have developed a connection with my computer that I didn't expect. I can also map out the places in the house where the wireless is the best and worked every core muscle needed to stay perfectly still while using the internet so I didn't lose it.

With the things that have been published and the great connections we have made, a lot of possibilities and open doors have come our way. Now we are just exploring what it will take to accomplish some of the vision that has been planted. I think being home will be the key for my processing, but there is a lot to get done in the next two weeks.

I am craving/obsessed with/longing for Ireland like . . . like nothing I can compare it to. Erin go Braugh.

No comments: